Dogs are some of the most loyal creatures on earth, but even they can be misunderstood by their human companions. This article will explore why dogs put their entire face in a water bowl when they drink from it.
Why does my dog put his whole face in the water bowl
Dogs love water so much that they might put their whole face in the bowl. Sometimes, dogs have different facial expressions depending on how they feel about you and your surroundings.
How much water does a dog need
A dog needs to drink about one quart of water every day and you can not avoid the benefit of a water bowl. Depending on the size of your dog, it is suggested to give him one cup of water per 10 pounds. However, it’s important that you take his exercise level into account and alter the amount accordingly.
What to do if my dog inhales water
If your dog inhales water, it is important to act quickly. You need to get the dog into a stable position and then do abdominal thrusts with them until they throw up whatever excess water that was in their stomach. If your dog has ingested a significant amount of water and needs to be taken to the veterinarian.
Here are the main 6 reasons why the dog put his whole face in the water bowl.
- Your dog may be trying to cool off.
- Dogs have a superior sense of smell and may be trying to get a whiff of what is in the water.
- The dog might not like how the water tastes.
- Dogs have a sense of smell that is 10,000 times better than humans and they can detect bacteria in water.
- Your dog might be dehydrated, so he is trying to drink as much as possible at one time.
- They may also want to drink from the bowl because it’s closer to them than their water dish
Recommend to train your dog to use a bowl like ceramic dog bowls because it is much healthier than using his tongue.